Orthopaedic is a branch of medicine which deals with bones, muscles and joint related problems occurs in all age groups from children to elderly.
Services Offered by Bone Specialist in Gurgaon Vmedica:
We at Vmedica provide complete spectrum of services for all orthopaedic/bones related problems /–
- Joint problems:
1. Joint Dislocations: A condition in which the ends of the bones within the joint move abnormally from the normal positions. This problem is quite painful. The most common joints that undergo dislocations are shoulder joints, fingers and the lower jaw. Joint dislocation can happen because of trauma and sports injuries, but it can also happen because of some congenital deformities in the joint structure. Complications of joint dislocation include injury to muscles, ligaments and tendons, nerve or vessel injuries, development of arthritis in the effected joint with age, and increase in susceptibility to re-dislocations.
2. Arthritis: In common terms, it’s the inflammation of the joints. One or multiple joints can be involved. Arthritis is painful and typically worsens with age.
Two common types of Arthritis are:
Osteoarthritis: There is a hard and slippery tissue known as cartilage, covers the ends of the bone in a joint. In osteoarthritis, this cartilage breaks down leading to friction, pain, and inflammation in the joint. Too much of uric acid in the blood can lead to Gout.
Rheumatoid Arthritis: It is an auto-immune disease in which the immune system attacks the lining of the joint capsule, a membrane that encloses the joint parts. This lining gets inflamed and swollen. The disease progression can eventually destroy the cartilage and bone within the joint. Rheumatoid Arthritis can also be seen in children. This condition may lead to permanent bone and joint deformities if left untreated.
3. Deformities: Joint deformities can either be congenital or acquired during one’s lifetime because of rheumatoid arthritis, trauma, or other infections. Tumors of bone and cartilage can also lead to joint deformities.
4. Sports injuries: This term is self-explanatory. Most common types are:
- Sprains: due to over-stretching or tearing of ligaments.
- Strains: due to over-stretching of muscles or tendons.
- Knee injuries: Involve ACL tear, and chondromalacia
- Shoulder dislocations
- Rotator-Cuff Tear: 4-types of muscles together form the rotator cuff or the shoulder. A tear in any of the four muscles can lead to weakening of the rotator cuff.
Fractures doctor in Gurgaon
- Fractures: To simplify, a fracture is a complete or a partially broken bone. The common causes are trauma, tumour, and osteoporosis. Common fractures can be treated with a simple cast and immobilization, but in complex cases surgical intervention is needed.
- Osteoporosis: It’s a condition in which the bones become weak and brittle. It’s a chronic calcium deficiency or malfunction of calcium metabolism. Over a period of time, bones become so brittle that they break with sudden movements or under very mild stresses. Such fractures, most commonly occur in the hip, wrist or spine. Osteoporosis leads to deformities in the bone and joint structure.
- Diabetes related complications– Frozen Shoulder: It’s a self-explanatory term where the movement of the shoulder joint is restricted and is accompanied by pain and stiffness. It is commonly seen in people with diabetes. In early cases, diabetes management, exercises and physiotherapy is indicated to get rid of the symptoms and increase the range of motion.
- Musculo skeletal oncology i.e. tumors of the muscles and bone: Cancers of the bone, cartilage or tendons can lead to fractures, bone or joint deformities, spinal deformities, etc.
- Pediatrics orthopaedic problems like knock knees, bow knees, Club foot, etc:
1. Knock knees: A condition in which the knees curve inwards. Usually both the knees are involved, but in rare cases only a single joint might be affected. This condition usually corrects itself as the child grows. If the condition persists after 8-12 years of age, an evaluation and treatment by an orthopaedic doctor in gurgaon might be necessary to diagnose and treat the underlying cause.
2. Bow Knees: A condition in which the knees are curved away from each other, even while standing with feet and ankle together. This condition usually doesn’t cause any pain or discomfort, but with age it may cause discomfort in ankles, knees or hips. This is a self-correcting anomaly and rectifies by the age of 3-4 years and the legs usually straighten by the age of 7-8 years. If the problem still persists with pain, discomfort and other issues, it’s time to see an orthopedist or knee and shoulder clinic in Gurgaon.
3. Club Foot: It is a birth defect in which the baby’s foot is twisted in an abnormal shape and position. In this condition the tissues connecting the muscle to the bone are shorter than normal. The child is otherwise healthy. The treatment is conservative in nature where the intervention starts within a few days after birth.
Why choose Vmedica for orthopedic doctor in gurgaon.
An experienced team of doctors who specializes in orthopaedic in Gurgaon (best orthopedic doctor in gurgaon) sub-specialty like joint replacement surgery, sports injuries, spine surgery, knee and shoulder clinic etc. enables us to provide a state of care for any bones/orthopaedic problem. Vmedica also provides spine surgeon in gurgaon. Faculty of best orthopaedic doctor in Gurgaon are actively involved in all national and international conferences to upgrade their knowledge and surgical skills for providing the highest quality of treatment.
With in-house x-ray facilities and minor operation theatre need to visit big hospitals for minor issues can be avoided.