ENT specialist in Gurgaon: Better Senses!
ENT surgeon or Otolaryngologist are the doctors who specialize in surgical and medical management of the conditions of head and neck preferably, the ear, the nose, and throat. They are also known as Head and Neck Surgeons or ent specialist in Gurgaon.
When do you need to see an ENT Doctor in Gurgaon?
Conditions of the ear/ent doctor in Gurgaon to see:
- Hearing impairment: Hearing impairment means partial or total loss of sense of hearing. These are of two type, Conductive hearing loss and sensory neural loss. Conductive hearing loss is when the vibrations don’t pass through the outer ear to the inner ear and can be caused by excessive build-up of ear wax, infection and fluid build-up, defective ear drum, trauma, malfunction of ossicles. Sensory neural loss is caused by dysfunction of inner ear, damaged cochlea, auditory nerve, or brain damage. It may also occur due to inner ear infections, trauma, and congenital deformities.
- Ear infections: They may occur because of a majority of reasons and can be of viral, bacterial, or fungal in origin. A simple wax accumulation, water-retention in middle ear, and improper use of ear buds or other things can lead to infection and inflammation in inner ear. Other causes are sinusitis, throat infections, and other nasal infections, etc. It might be accompanied with pain, fever, tinnitus, loss of hearing, vertigo, etc.
- Disorders that effect balance: Balance disorders in common terms are known as sensations of unsteadiness or dizziness. You may feel like spinning, while you are standing, sitting or lying down. Common types are Benign Paroxysmal Position Vertigo (BPPV). It is triggered by sudden changes in the position of the head such a tipping the head, up or down. Labyrinthitis is an inner ear infection, Meniere’s Disease is due to increase in fluid volume in the labyrinth. Vestibular neuritis, occurs when the vestibulo-cochlear nerve becomes inflamed. Perilymph fistula, is responsible for the fluid leak from middle ear to inner ear. Mal De Debarquement (MdDS), is a balance disorder that happens after sea travel, when you continuously feel rocking or bobbing. Generalized symptoms of balance disorders involves, vertigo, light-headedness, dizziness, blurry vision, disorientation, diarrhea, fluctuation in heart rate and blood pressure, anxiety and depression.
- Vertigo: It is a sudden sensation of spinning or dizziness which is triggered by movements of head. It happens when there is a problem with the inner ear, brain, or sensory nerves. Symptoms include balance problems, light-headedness, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, tinnitus, headache.
- Tinnitus (ringing in the ears): Ringing or buzzing noise in one or both the ears which may be occasional or constant in nature. It usually happens in older adults. It is usually caused by age-related hearing loss, injury to ear, or circulatory system problems.
- Congenital disorders: Range of problems which are present at the time of birth, for example, anotia and microtia. Anotia is the total absence of the auricle, while microtia is the abnormally small auricle. Macrotia is defined as an excessively large auricle. Pre-auricular accessory auricles, is the presence of a skin tag or cartilage-like thing anterior to the tragus. Other congenital deformities may involve, congenital hearing loss due to multiple congenital deformities in inner and middle ear.
- Ear Pain: Can arise as a result of multiple problems, like ear infections, accumulation of excessive ear wax, injury to the ear, etc.
Condition of the nose specialist in Gurgaon:
- Problems that affect the nose, nasal cavity and sinuses: These problems can impact your sense of smell, breathing or appearance.
1. Sinusitis: Sinuses are the air filled cavity present on both the sides of the nose and the frontal lobe or the forehead. When these cavities get inflamed, they get filled with fluid and this is knows as sinusitis. People with Sinusitis face a range of problems, including stuffy or runny nose, pain in the region of the cheek bones, pain along the sides and bridge of the nose, swelling, headaches, and dizziness. It can be caused by allergies, viral and bacterial infections and a deviated nasal septum. Due to chronic infections, polyp (thickened soft tissue) might also develop within the sinuses and give rise to the same problems.
2. Nasal/Sinus Polyps: These are painless soft tissue growths on the lining of the nose or the sinuses. They can be caused by chronic inflammation due to infections and allergies.
- Deviated Nasal Septum (DNS): In common terms, both the nostrils are divided by a thin wall in between which is known as the nasal septum. When the nasal septum is deviated to one side, it is known as a deviated nasal septum. This leads to an obstruction of the airway. Patient feels stuffiness in the nose. Patients with DNS are more prone to infections because of increased accumulation of mucous and foreign particles. It is treated by surgical intervention in severe cases. Such patients are prone to sinusitis and other frequent nasal infections. DNS can even lead to change in the facial appearance.
Condition of the throat or ent specialist in Gurgaon:
- Throat Pain: Throat infections can be both viral and bacterial in nature. Most commonly reported problem is the sore throat, where you feel pain in the throat, difficulty in swallowing, hoarseness of voice, fever, cough, runny nose, headache, nausea, vomiting. Viral infections which lead to sore throat are common cold and flu, measles, chicken pox, Covid-19. Other common causes are allergies to dust, pollen, dander, moulds, dryness, pollution, gastroesophageal reflux disease, frequent sinus inections, and tumors.
- Tonsillitis: Inflammation of the tonsils which is caused by either a viral or bacterial pathogen. Chronic smoking can also lead to abnormal enlargement of tonsils which leads to accumulation of foreign particles in tonsillar crypts. Abnormally large tonsils can also be present congenitally which increases the chances of infections later in life. Surgical intervention is indicated when the reason for tonsillar growth is non-viral or bacterial in nature. It presents with similar symptoms as of sore throat.
- Thyroid Problems: The disorders of the thyroid gland are as follows:
1. Hyperthyroidism: Excessive production of thyroid hormones. It is more common in females. People with hyperthyroidism might be suffering from Grave’s disease or Goitre. T3 and T4 levels increase and TSH levels decreases.
2. Hypothyroidism: Under production of thyroid hormones. T3 and T4 levels reduce, while TSH level increases.
3. Tumors or Thyroid Cancers
4. Congenital disorders
- Speech Problems: These disorders are responsible for an inability to speak. The most common causes are
1. Tongue tie
2. Malformation of vocal cords
3. Damage of vocal cords
4. Autism, Down’s Syndrome
5. Congenital disorders like Cleft Palate (an opening in the roof of the mouth or the palate, which may or may not be associated with a cleft lip)
- Difficulty in Swallowing
Condition for the head and neck doctor in Gurgaon:
- Deformity of head, neck and face: Rhinoplasty, Cheek Augmentation, Lip augmentation, etc.
Why choose Vmedica for ent specialist in Gurgaon.?
Department of ENT specialist in gurgaon at V-medica clinics and diagnostics offers world-class ENT services by internationally acclaimed surgeons. The doctor has gained a global experience in countries like England, Scotland, France, Austria, and Middle East. Our well-trained and professional staff takes utmost care of our patients and provide the best possible treatment with modernised equipments, keeping sanitisation protocol in mind.